All the resources you’ll need for 2022
Welcome to the penultimate edition of Limitless Learning for 2021! It’s been an amazing year, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed sharing insight twice a month with you all on a variety of topics.
However, I appreciate that as the year comes to a close – some of you may have joined the journey recently, and potentially missed out on some of the resources we discussed this year.
So, to save you time, we’ve gone through and identified all the resources mentioned this year that will aid you in 2022.
Some are applications, some are sales techniques, and some are books – all curated specifically to benefit you as a recruiter!
We’ve also included direct links where applicable to save you the trouble of finding them yourself.
Planning and organising your diary/day
- Calendly: To make call scheduling seamless
- Stickies (for Mac): Search “stickies” and start making notes with ease (that won’t disappear off your dashboard)
- Todoist: The to-do list that sends you reminders and can be used across your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android
- Evernote: Note taking app that can be customised to your needs.
- Pomofocus: Based on the Pomodoro technique we spoke in an earlier edition. This is an approach used by a lot of people. Work for 25 minutes and then take a 5-minute break. Repeat through the day.
- Trello: Great for team projects or even keeping yourself accountable as an individual.
Read up on Inbox Zero to take your planning and organising to the next level.
Content creation and marketing
- Hubspot Google Extension: Applicable on Chrome, use this to see engagement on your emails or even social posts. Simply install with a click of a button and get real-time information on when a contact has opened your email, so you can see if you are getting any engagement from your candidates or clients.
15 post ideas you can use for content..
- A poll (Not a working from home one, these have been done to death)
- Written market update once a week
- Re-share an industry article with your commentary.
- Re-Share an industry relevant podcast that you have listened to.
- Shared white paper or a case study that your company has done.
- Re-share an industry related video.
- Original created video
- Image of a statistic
- Screenshot of a tweet that you have seen by an industry leader.
- Interview tips post.
- Personal blog that you could also share on the company website.
- Answer candidates frequently answered questions.
- Personal update. (People connect with people!)
- Candidate testimonial or LinkedIn recommendation.
- Hot jobs. (Just make sure it’s not ALL jobs)
How to create a market update newsletter in 15 minutes: Our resource which gives you everything you’ll need to create a stellar newsletter!
Communication and sales techniques
- Elevator pitch: We spoke about this in a previous edition. If you haven’t perfected your elevator pitch – now’s the time to do so!
- Fillability framework: Our framework to help you with business development and qualifying jobs.
Dealing with counteroffers? Here are our top questions you can ask…
- How do you feel this counteroffer affects your current offer with X client?
- How do you feel this counteroffer will enable you to achieve your motivations/goals/aspirations that we discussed throughout the process?
- Do you feel like the package offered is enough to give you the job satisfaction you’re looking for you?
- You said your reason for leaving was X. How does this counteroffer make you feel now?
- Why do you think it has taken them for you to leave to offer this increase, did they not see your value beforehand?
Diversity & Inclusion:
We had a series of newsletters which covered Diversity and Inclusion. A great resource on neutral language can be found here, which explains the statistics behind this as well as some examples you can use to make your job descriptions more inclusive.
Google also introduced a feature in May which shows gender-neutral language in Google Docs. You can read the full article here.
You can read an excellent study conducted by McKinsey here: Diversity wins: How inclusion matters
Finally, read our D&I resource here which we put together at the beginning of the year.
10 questions you can use in 2022 to talk about D&I with clients and candidates…
- What is your current D&I strategy?
- When partnering with an agency, what are your expectations from a D&I perspective?
- What D&I initiatives do you currently have in place?
- How do you currently measure your D&I efforts?
- How do you currently run your hiring process to ensure it’s inclusive?
- What D&I initiatives does your current company run?
- How important is D&I to you in your next role and why?
- What are your expectations when working with a recruiter from a D&I perspective?
- What are your most important D&I values in a company?
- How diverse is the current executive team at your organisation?
- The ultimate reading list for high-performing recruiters: Our very own curated reading list that we created this year. Have you read any from there yet? If not – time to add some to the Christmas list.